Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Learning Something New...

This photo tells a long story...

My cousin, Gail, gave me something for my birthday that I had been wanting for quite a while. (She knows me way, way, way too well!) Anyway, it's a stenciling kit for fingernails. I was very excited about getting it!

Bummer though! It didn't work. I thought maybe she got ripped off by some off-brand or something. The polish wiped right out of the stencil every time I tried it. 

Well, maybe I didn't have the right kind of polish (it came with the stencils, but no polish); so I went to the mall and bought the "real" polish for their "real kit".    ???

Saturday I decided to spend some dedicated time on this project.

Well...I finally conquered it. The secret?

See that wadded up blue stuff in the photo? That's a protective sheet the manufacturer put on the little stencil disks. Duh!!!! It didn't say anything about that in the instructions! Anyway, I finally figured out that if you'd pull that off the polish would go into the stencil groove to be transfered to my fingernail.

Now I'm having fun!!!!  I have a different design on every fingernail (not the intent of the manufacturer, I'm sure).

No comments: