Sunday, June 24, 2012

VBS 2012 -- Building the Stage Set

Maxey and I have been building the stage set for Vacation Bible School at First Baptist Church Carrollton (our home church).

We have had a wonderful time working together...creating something that was quite a challenge. It's a 30' by 15' airplane hanger with plane. To make a long story short--IT'S FINISHED! We put it up this afternoon! I think it looks awesome! I hope the kids like it tomorrow when VBS begins!.

Painting the "airplane" in my sewing room

Creating "shipping crates" out of cardboard boxes, foam board, and paint.
(It's still lacking it's detailing.)

Assembling all the framework in the gym

The rough layout with the first coat of paint

It's like a giant puzzle

It's taking shape...Please, please don't fall

It's nearly up!

Final touches of black paint


FINISHED
with one hour and 24 minutes until the evening worship service begins.
It's been a busy afternoon!

1 comment:

Maile said...

I love it! I can't believe it's done. It looks fabulous!!!